Ultima is one of the FTF Group's latest range of high performance Chilled Beams. Energy efficiency has been a key driver for such advancements in the FTF Group's Chilled Beam Technology.
Ultima is only 8.2" deep and contains a number of Patent pending performance enhancing features and as can be expected from the FTF Group's brand, the Ultima beam is designed to be easily tailored to suit the unique parameters of individual project sites, for the optimum product / system efficiencies. This is partly achieved by the "burst nozzle" arrangement that not only encourages induction, but also reduces noise. Given the size and amount of burst nozzles being appropriately quantified for each project, this provides consistent jet velocities, equal distribution of the air discharge and continuous induction through the heat exchanger (battery). There are no dead spots due to plugging back nozzles from a standard pitch or having to adjust the pressure in the system to suit the amount of open standard nozzle sizes as associated with many competitors' active beams as dead spots and / or reduced jet velocities decrease their cooling capacities / efficiencies.
Heat exchanger batteries are also fitted with extruded aluminum profiles to not only enhance performance but also provide a continuous clip on facility for the underplates. This arrangement keeps the underplates true and flat for long lengths, even up to 11.8ft.
Ultima beams all have a "closed back", this means that all induced air (recirculated room air) is induced through the underplate within the room space to avoid any need for perimeter flash gaps and / or openings in the ceiling system. This also provides for a better quality of recirculated air as the recirculated air does not mix with any air from the ceiling void. The induction ratio of Ultima is typically 4-5 times that of the supply air (fresh air) rate.
The Ultima Chilled Beam outer casing is constructed from extruded aluminum and zintec pressed steel. The casing facilitates an aluminum burst nozzle strip (project specific) and a high performance heat exchange battery constructed from copper and aluminum. Beams are available in lengths from 2ft up to 11.8ft in 3.9" increments. Typically 2ft wide 1.6ft wide is also available).
In addition to Ultima's high cooling performance, Ultima can operate well and induce at low air volumes, as little as 2.2 CFM/ft and even with a low static pressure of just 0.2"H20. Likewise Ultima can handle high air volumes up to 19.3 CFM/ft and up to 0.5"H20. Please note however that these high air volumes should be avoided wherever possible and are the absolute maximum and should not ever be exceeded. As a “rule of thumb” 16.1 CFM/ft from a 2 way discharge beam is the maximum for occupancy comfort to BS EN 7730.
The maximum total supply air for the product is limited to 169.6 CFM. If the total air volume is less than 106 CFM, refer to the CompactT active chilled beams by the FTF Group. Visually both units appear identical from the underside.
Ultima can have integrated heating with separate connections (2 pipe connections for cooling and 2 pipes for heating).
At a glance
- Can handle high Air Volume (upto 169.6 CFM total).
- High output.
- Optimise discharge nozzle sizes and pitch factory set to best suit project requirements.
- Coanda effect is initiated within the beam.
- Smooth curved discharged slot as opposed to traditional faceted discharge slots for improved aesthetics.
- Discharge veins are concealed within the beam for improved aesthetics.
- Fan shape distribution for increased occupancy comfort.
- Unique fast fixing of removable underplates that prevents any sagging even on long beam lengths of 11.8ft
- Various different perforation patterns available for removable underplates
- Multiple manifold variants to enable reduced chilled (and LTHW, if applicable) water mass flow rates to be facilitated for increased energy efficiencies.
- Operates well at "Low Pressure" and "Low Air Volume" for increased energy efficiencies.
- Provides indoor climate in accordance with BS EN ISO 7730.